Dear Mr. Maguire,
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not worry, for your satisfaction I will go-ahead and would setup the service in such a way that your system can be picked and would be completely diagnosed at our Dell depot and all the faulty parts can be replaced by the new one. The normal lead time in this service is 5 to 7 business days depending on the availability of the parts.
Please provide me the details which have given below.
To initiate the service, it is very important to have all the below mentioned information for an early closure of the current issue in hand. Please provide me the following details:
1. Contact Name:
2. Address: (from your original order/ invoice)
3. Address from where courier will pick up and deliver the system after repair:
4. Daytime Phone Number (Cell# preferred):
5. Alternate contact name:
6. Alternate Phone:
7. Please confirm if the following parts of your system are intact and functioning properly. This will help us to bypass any unforeseen trouble with the system that may arise in future. These parts if faulty are subject to replacement in terms with the warranty coverage of your system.
a) System plastics such as LCD hinges, LCD top cover, Media\battery bay latches:
b) Keyboard Keys:
d) Systems Ports:
e) Optical drive such as DVD\CDRW Drive:
f) Any other noticeable technical disruption\suspect or system abuse visible:
g) Rubber Feet/LCD bumpers/Screws:
h) Frayed Cables on adapter and cord:
8. Any new fault found might involve few more interaction(s) to diagnose and fix the issue.
** Special Note: Please be informed that windows might require reinstallation; please make sure that you have backed up the data on the system. If any concern please let us know.
I will be waiting for your reply.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your case number for this interaction is [snipped].
Thank you for choosing Dell.
Thanks & regards,
Deepak Kumar Singh
8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Dell Hardware E-Support UK & IRE Support